Wrapping up Winter at Kirra Beach Tourist Park
We have had a wonderful winter here at Kirra Beach Tourist Park for 2014. The weather has been perfect nearly everyday! We have had some great feedback about the activities this year, Christmas in July lunch at Seagulls was a huge success , loads of raffles were won, fantastic live music from Russell Sprout and even a visit from Santa made a great day out for all. There were some new additions to this years activities including; bare foot bowls, computer classes, a satay party and golf tournamenets with Clarrie and Scott. Plus, our regular weekly water aerobics classes were even better with our newly renovated pool! Chef Scott kept all the guests warm with his big pots of soup and sausage sizzles! At our farewell, resident managers Scott and Lara Berryman made some delicious homemade creamy caramel fudge that was a hit! As requested please see the recipe below;
Creamy Caramel Fudge
- 2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup liquid glucose
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 400g good-quality white cooking chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 3.5cm deep, 16.5cm x 26cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Place condensed milk, sugar, butter, glucose and golden syrup in a large (14-cup capacity), heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring with a balloon whisk every 2 minutes, or until mixture comes to the boil.
- Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for a further 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every minute with a wooden spoon, or until thick and golden.
- Place bowl on a board. Stand for 2 minutes or until bubbles subside. Add white chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour hot fudge mixture into prepared pan. Smooth surface. Stand at room temperature for 3 hours. Refrigerate until firm. Lift out onto a board. Cut into squares.
So what's in stall for 2015? Keep any eye out on our Facebook page for all information and updates including details of all events here at Kirra. You can start to get your winter bookings in now for 2015. Call us direct on 07 5667 2740. We cannot wait to do it all over again!