Broadwater Parklands Development Update
A joint project between Gold Coat Waterways Authority and City of Gold Coast will reclaim a further three hectares of new parklands ahead of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games™.
Stage three of the Broadwater Parklands will see additional land reclaimed north of the new Gold Coast Aquatic Centre and to the east of the Broadwater Tourist Park – See Map.
- Works has commenced on the development and will continue through until late August, early September.
- Currently work is progressing south of the Broadwater Tourist Park and is not currently directly impacting the park. Dredging is likely to be taking place in front of the park by Easter, however it is anticipated (but not guaranteed) there will still be partial access to the beach during the Easter period
- As dredging work continues in front of the park access to the eastern foreshore will eventually be closed (safety fences in place).
- There will be no impact to the northern (Loders Creek) side of the park.
- It is anticipated that work will be finalised by the end of August, early September.
As more information becomes available on the project timing we will post a blog on our website and post the information on our facebook page.
Future tourist park visitors will benefit from a new four lane regional boat ramp facility with trailer parking, public pontoons, foreshore pathways, new parklands space, and easy access to the fantastic Broadwater.
The Broadwater Tourist Park would like to thank you for your patience during this time of transition as we look forward to the creation of new world class parklands right on our doorstep.